Are you ready to own a new pup? Before you get your faithful canine, you need to make sure you are prepared. Here at Julius-K9, our team of experts is here to make sure you have all the essentials you need. When it comes to dog essentials, this is our specialty.
Time To Get Ready
Bringing home a new puppy is a really exciting time. It is easy to get swept away playing with your new dog, especially if it is the cutest thing you've ever seen. To make sure your new pup's first few weeks go as smoothly as possible, it helps to have these puppy essentials sorted before you bring them home. These are the things you need to ensure your puppy's new home is all set up for them.
The Top Dog Essentials
- Some dog owners might not like the idea of putting their newest addition to the family into a dog crate, but it is an effective form of training. It makes housetraining them considerably easier by appealing to their natural instincts not to go to the bathroom in their beds. It will also help you teach your puppy what is and isn't acceptable play; like tearing up your furniture! A puppy-sized crate is essential for a new dog to make the training process go smoother.
- Crate Bed
- An orthopedic crate bed is a puppy essential, it will stand up to the trials a young pup will put it through. These beds are specifically designed to give your new dog a great night's sleep and help their health. This is important for developing puppies. Given how much they tend to nap; a bed is going to be heavily used. These beds are constructed to withstand the rough and tumble play of a young puppy, as well as being very comfortable. It'll also fit directly into a puppy crate, which should make that training a bit easier for you!
- Dog Chew Toys
- Puppies play rough, especially when they're teething. A good chew toy gives your destructive little puppy something constructive to bite. Chew toys are a puppy essential for redirecting their energy and soothing teething pain. A puppy with plenty of chew toys around won't have to chew on your phone changer for some relief, they've got a better-tasting bone to be working on. These come in all sorts of fun flavors that your dog will enjoy.
- Puppy Food
- This is fairly self-explanatory, but the choice of food is really important for your puppy. You want to start them off with healthy food that helps them grow without feeding them rubbish. Healthy puppy food is important for development. Once a dog begins eating a particular type of food, they often want to carry on with the taste that they know. Starting them off on something healthy can prevent an adult dog from resenting no longer getting their usual junk food!
- Puppy Collar
- A collar is an essential item for new puppies if you want a smooth experience when they're ready for their first walk. They also look pretty cute, which is a bonus.
- You can use a collar to ease your puppy into the sensation of being on a leash. A good collar should be adjustable to accommodate your puppy's rapidly changing size. A good puppy collar should keep them in style from a young pup until they're fully grown.
- A fresh puppy can't go outside until it has finished its inoculations. However, once it becomes safe to take them out, they'll be pretty keen to start seeing the world. You will need a leash to use both collars and harnesses.
- You might have dreamt that your puppy will be such a good walker that a leash won't be necessary. However, young dogs are naturally excitable, and a leash is usually a legal requirement as well as a puppy essential. A good leash should stop your puppy from pulling too much on a walk and help them develop good manners on their daily trips.
- A harness may be a puppy essential if you want to keep your dog from pulling too hard on walks. With some breeds, this is particularly important.
- Harnesses give you more control over your puppy on a walk. It helps prevent jumping and pulling, really helpful for a curious young dog. It even helps some with their breathing and prevents them from getting hurt if they yank the leash too hard.
- Dog Bowls
- A dog bowl is an absolute puppy essential unless you were planning on feeding them off the floor or cupping water into your hands!
- These come in all sorts of varieties ranging from plastic, porcelain, metal, or even some hand-crafted options. You want a bowl that is small enough for your puppy to drink out of instead of swim in. Equally, it should be something this isn't likely to get destroyed by over-enthusiastic eating!
- If you're considering using a raw or natural diet for your dog, you need to make sure it is a bowl you can keep sanitary too. Picking a dog bowl for your new puppy is more important than just picking one in your favorite color.
- Dog Treats
- Your new puppy is going to be the center of attention when you bring them home. Naturally, you're going to want to give them a treat. It is essential to have healthy puppy treats on hand to reward your dog and cut out the temptation to give them table scraps.
Call For A Personal Dog Harness
Looking for all the dog essentials? We are the number one choice for dog accessories. Get all the information you need when it comes to how to be the best dog owners with us! When it comes to whether or not you should choose a personalized dog harness for your dog, it depends on your specific situation. If you're looking for the best personal dog harness, call Julius K-9, a top U.S. distributor today!